Consider these tips to save money as you organize a memorable birthday celebration for your child.
• You can ask relatives and friends to act as emcee or host, photographer, or videographer.
• Design your own invites using existing templates.
• Save on cost of balloons by pumping your own.
• Consider making your own favors: cupcakes, cookies, or items that fit into the party theme.
• Choose a free location: your own backyard, a family member’s house, park grounds
• Consider having your party during snack time so you only have to prepare simple dishes.
• Bake the cake yourself, or if possible, ask a friend to bake it for you at a discount.
• The cost of plain paper plates and cups is cheaper than the fancy, printed ones.
• According to experts, a 7-year-old can handle around 7 guests—so don’t feel obliged to invite all of his classmates. Allow him to choose his guests and invite only his closest friends.
• Instead of hitting the big supermarket, consider buying supplies for decoration, door/game prizes from the local or downtown market.