Shopping in ukay-ukay is fun! Keep these tips in mind before visiting a thrift shop.
• Dress comfortably. You can dig better and longer when you are at ease with what you’re wearing.
• Bring cash. A credit card has no use in thrift shops.
• Be patient. You need to dig through piles of clothing before you find a good piece or two that will look good on you.
• Try them on. Despite the dirt and smell of clothes from an ukay shop, it’s the only way to know if a garment fits you well.
• Haggling is welcome. The more items you buy, the higher the chance of getting them at a lower price.
• Don’t go to the New Arrivals section where prices are higher than regular items. Instead, go to the cheapest section.
Did we miss your favorite ukay-ukay shop in Metro Manila? Share them with us so we can feature them as well!
Click the store links to see the exact addresses and contact numbers of featured establishments.
Prices may change without prior notice.